The Special Concentration in Environmental Biology for Environmental Science majors requires the completion of 39 credits distributed among three categories of requirements presented in sections I-III below. See the Columbia College Bulletin for course descriptions.
- EEEB UN2001 Environmental Biology I
- EEEB UN2002 Environmental Biology II (equivalent to EESC UN2300)
- EESC UN2100 Earth’s Environmental Systems: Climate
- EESC UN2200 Earth’s Environmental Systems: Solid Earth
II. Supporting Courses:
- CHEM UN1403 and UN1404 (General Chemistry 1 and 2)or CHEM UN2407 and UN2507 (Advanced General Chemistry and Lab)
- STAT UN1111, UN1211 (Intro to Statistics) or BIOL UN2286 (Statistics and Research Design)
- EEEB UN3087 (Conservation Biology)
III. Advanced Courses: *
Three additional courses (3000 level and above) each chosen from a different curricular area (evolution, genetics ecology, behavior, conservation; anatomy, physiology, diversity; biology laboratory courses)
*Advanced courses that fulfill the major in environmental science cannot also count toward fulfillment of the special concentration in environmental biology.